Strong

Strong

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

You're not alone

I've met some people online that were not necessarily helpful for my mentality at that moment in time. Through those experiences I've recognized how unhelpful it is not only for me but for the person on the other side as well.

I've changed a lot since 8th grade. I have the same problems that are more ingrained than 4 years ago but emotionally I am more stable. If that makes sense. I often confuse myself when I come to the realization that is true. Am I less sick now? Absolutely not. I'm in a whole different atmosphere regarding school which I believe to contribute to my mind being in a completely different place.

I was using people on the internet as a source for me to become more intrenched in my depression, anxiety etc. which I was very successful in kind of plaguing my mind with unnecessary negativity. More than I already head really. I don't believe those people to be bad but in a way they were as sick as I was. I'm more mature in handling those situations then when I was 14 years old.

I think I love interacting with people on Tumblr or any social media whether directly or indirectly because something I have found almost overwhelmingly comforting is the realization that i'm really not alone in what i'm thinking, feeling or experiencing. They are extremely validating for me, knowing that people think the same way I do and I don't have to hide my irrationality from them.

Realistically I always knew I wasn't alone because people were constantly reaffirming it but when no one close to you is dealing with the same issues you can't help but feel like you're crazy. I didn't mean for this introduction to the actual post to be this long but I will make a new post that coincides with this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment