Strong

Strong

Monday, February 1, 2016

"That's a big bag of goldfish" t'

Possible trigger warning 

one of the worst things you can say to anyone with an eating disorder is comment on their food, no matter what context. If it's good if it's bad we don't see it as good or bad. Any food comment we are somehow able to twist it and turn it into something negative which triggers thoughts and actions that are negative. Just by that one comment, no matter how simple or nonthreathening it may be.

What's dangerous about saying something about their food and the person has an eating disorder is it may be the only thing they allow themselves that day with low calorie items to go along with it. Goldfish is a safe food for me, always has been. I feel comfortable eating it and I like it. I like the saltiness of them.

This part might be triggering but I'm going to be honest. Today, I went home because I forgot my phone at my house and I wasn't rushed this morning so I don't know. Anyway, so during lunch I went to my house to pick it up and I went back to school. I was driving while I was eating my grapes and I was carrying my bag of goldfish into class and my teacher commented on how big the bag of goldfish was.

Keep in mind, she knows about my eating disorder. We've had multiple discussions about it but it's only when she asks me about it. My plan was to only have those two things the rest of the day because usually I eat the "rest" of my lunch at home afternoon which counts as my after school snack. Those two things were the only items in my lunch box because I put my sandwich back in the freezer. So grapes and goldfish would be all what I have today which I plan to stick to.

It's just really hard when the only thing you are "allowed" to eat for the day gets commented on as if I really shouldn't have eaten it. I did eat it and I don't feel bad about it but I don't need an afternoon snack today.

My brother has a basketball game out of town so I will have a low calorie dinner which is what I usually do when he has a game.

Does anyone else feel like they shouldn't be eating the only thing they are allowed or the only thing they plan to eat that day just because of a stupid comment?

I don't feel bad about eating the goldfish but a part of me feels as though I shouldn't have eaten it. Eating disorder logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment