Strong

Strong

Thursday, February 4, 2016

You never truly know how close someone can be

What I was trying to get to in my previous post is about my past experiences with online people that I've communicated with. I'm a junior now and I feel like I have more good intentions when I meet people online.

I bet you guys are like "where the hell is this going?" I met this girl online from Tumblr and I actually first found interest into her account because she mentioned, replying to an anonymous question or she just said it in a post, I'm not for sure. I've never met anyone online that was from where I am so I was so excited when I came across her blog that she's from where I'm from! We started messaging each other on Tumblr and eventually we got each other's numbers and I think it's turned into a good thing.

She has problems like I do which is crazy that you can meet someone who is so close to you as in, in my same city as well as have the exact same issues I do. I don't know if it's just me but when we started talking, like I said in my last post I was overwhelmingly comforted by the fact that all the things I'm thinking and I'm going through she's experienced the same thing and I don't know it just astonishes me. She's a sweet girl, her names Lydia and she's a couple years older than me but that doesn't really matter.

I like her a lot and the difference from the past is our friendship isn't based on our issues. We talk about it a little bit or need reassurence but we talk like normal friends without the triggering content that I brought on myself like a couple years ago.

My mom believes in me when I say that our friendship isn't going to turn into anything "bad" as she puts it. She knows and believes that i'm not in the same place as I was when I first started to talk to people online and that makes it even better that I don't have to hide from her. It really is affirming to know that someone so close to me knows what I'm going through on a such more deeper level than anyone can even understand or comprehend.

Like she told me before, No one can really fully understand our irrationality until they've experienced an eating disorder themselves and that is a statement and a fact that is so unbelievably true.

No comments:

Post a Comment