Strong

Strong

Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Grandma

Last Tuesday on May 24th my grandma passed away. She's had tons of health issues over the years and it all caught up to her. She was in the hospital for about 2 weeks until she passed away.

I was never really close to her. Since she had a lot of health issues she was rather distant. For years when she missed out on Christmas Morning or just family gatherings I had a little bit of resentment towards her. The reason is, she was sick and I knew that but the frustrating part about it was she let that rule her life. She didn't try to have a life with her grandchildren. She did when we were all little but when my brothers, my cousins and me were old enough to remember the grandparent she wants was, she no longer was.

I obviously still loved her and it wasn't her fault that her physical illnesses took over. As those with chronic physical illnesses know that when you physically hurt your mind starts to go off on a tailspin as well. I never understood when she was alive why she never seemed to try for her grandchildren but now that she has passed I'm just happy that she is at peace. She spent so long hurting physically and mentally and I'm glad its all over for her.

1 comment: