Strong

Strong

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Journal topic: Name a time when you were brave

Every time i've had a really bad time with depression or fought suicidal urges and thoughts or just urges in general i think i'm automatically brave just by fighting them because you have to really dig inside yourself and find a reason to not give in. I regularly have to remind myself why and how i'm brave and how much i have overcame to make as brave as i am because i wouldn't be as brave or as knowledgeable now without those experiences. I'm brave because i've spent 4 years and counting with mental health issues and that's fucking hard to deal with and learn how to manage. I was brave when i admitted to my family that i have an eating disorder and having them see the pain written up and down my arms. I have overcame and dealt with so much and still have to overcome battles that are absolutely frightening but i will win this war. I am a warrior







Now with emotional bravery aside, I was brave when i went to cheer leading practice because i knew my self-esteem was getting knocked down every week by every single stunt that failed to meet my coach Bryan's standards. I'm brave because i was willing to try something new when i quit the only thing that i thought i was good at. I'm brave because i overcame my fear of being "good enough". I know more than ever and yes i'm still learning that i will never be good enough in everyone's eyes not popular girls at the lunch table, strangers or teammates but i'm brave enough to admit that fact to myself and let it go.

Why are you brave?







No comments:

Post a Comment