Strong

Strong

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

NEDAW 2016: Day 2

Theme: 3 minutes can save a life 

I kind of already touched on this a little bit a couple posts ago but I like I said many times before, nobody can really understand what the mind of an eating disordered person is like unless they have or are experiencing it themselves. 

Today or yesterday the days topic was to help others understand what living with an eating disorder is like. Like I said I have mentioned what it's like living with this but I thought I would go a little deeper. 

Like I said before, eating disorders are a full time job no matter if it's the thoughts or actions that bombard you, or both. Everyday it's a war in your head ranging from calories, negative self talk or the number that showed up on the scale that day or that hour. I kind of feel like a broken record here but at the same time it's important for everyone reading, no matter who the audience is that this post or blog in general portrays the raw and real side of eating disorders that we are all too ashamed to verbally speak. 



You can look up on the archives my many posts on the reality of this topic if you want to, this disease is real and debilitating in more ways than one and it's so important for everyone out there to recognize that. 






Image result for ed recovery symbol

No comments:

Post a Comment