Strong

Strong

Saturday, October 24, 2015

"A lot of us are as hamed of our scars, physical/emotional what would it be like if we looked at them as a good thing?"

It's definitely harder for me to talk about my emotional scars rather than my physical ones. Nobody can possibly know what you've been through no matter if it's physical or emotional and it's hard for me physically from the words of what I've been through because a part of me is ashamed because they are shameful topics. When it comes to saying these are the things I've been through and not really having a full blown conversation on it, I'm not really ashamed because it's real life and at the end of the day they have made me into who I am today and has made me stronger.

 At my school there's what's called the issues fair which certain issues people come and speak about and I chose the topic of cutting which obviously is a very sensitive topic to me and so anyway the lady was like "would you want scars on your wedding day?", "Won't you feel ashamed?". Everyone in the room in sync said NO. I understand why some may because by the severity of their cuts but for me their just white lines which are visible but I am certainly not ashamed.

The scars on my body whether it's from self-harm or not is part of my story and that I am not ashamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment