Strong

Strong

Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 7th

Quote- "I don't like to gamble, but if there's one thing i'm willing to bet on, it's myself" BEYONCE

Demi's words- Recovery was a painful, humbling journey that allowed me to really know myself in a way I never thought possible. There's freedom in knowing and accepting that I will never be perfect. Recovery is a daily effort, and it's important that I continue to work hard at it. I can't get lazy about it or take things for granted but that's been part of the learning experience.

Goal- Whether you are in recovery or not, think about your journey and how you can continue to improve and enrich your life each and every day.


Throughout this process or trying to get better I know I will have a lot of feelings coming up that will tempt me into using behaviors because I will be feeling such intense emotion. I am scared of gaining weight, let's be honest it's not something anyone wants but what i'm most scared of is actually feeling my feelings and actually being okay with them without turning to behaviors to numb out the emotions that I've been so used numbing with my eating disorder for so long. I don't even know what it feels like to feel your emotions and actually sitting through them and learning to accept them. I'm going to stop right there because this can easily turn into a five page essay. At a young age when I set my mind to something I will achieve it no matter how long it takes and I like that trait about me, recovery won't be easy and there will be a lot of hoops to jump through but in order to get my life back it is what I have to do. When i'm older and recovered I want to help others with their eating disorders and give them hope that if I can do it, they can do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment