Strong

Strong

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 14th

Quote- "I am large, I contain multitudes" WALT WHITMAN

Demi's words- One of the reasons why I was so unhappy for years was because I never embraced my emotions; I was always trying to stay in control. I couldn't see it at first, but I was making it even worse by not giving my emotions the attention they needed. What I thought was keeping me sane was actually making me lose myself and feel totally out of control, but once I started to embrace my feelings, I started to feel whole again.

Goal- What emotions have you been running from? Stop, take a breath and feel it. It might feel worse at first, but once you let it in, it's not so scary.


There's a reason why addictions are addictions, there's a reason why we keep doing it over and over again even though it's bad for them. The reason is to hide or suppress negative emotions with whatever their addiction is. The main reason for why I have an eating disorder is to have something to control and to not feel so heavy. No pun intended. I never thought this was the solution for weight loss i never once thought i was too big. i didn't care at the time to be honest i didn't even focus on what i was doing may affect my weight at first i did it only for the purpose of stuffing my depression and anxiety away and for that moment of time it does. As i did it more and more it actually caused most of my depression and anxiety now. The one thing that i was desperate to run away from i didn't realize sooner or later it would quickly grow into a symptom of my eating problems. Emotions are scary but in order to stop this i need to learn to accept my emotions no matter how intense or scary they are I've learned that's the main thing in order to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment