Strong

Strong

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 13th

Quote- "Without self-love and self-acceptance I would be nowhere"

Demi's words- Learning to love and accept yourself for who you are is not an easy thing to do. I learned so much about myself in treatment and during my recovery. It taught me the power of self-love and self-acceptance. I'm still learning every day but at the end of the day I must love myself before anyone else can love me. Learning how to love and accept myself made all the difference.

Goal- Find the part of you that you dislike the most and start loving it.


Learning to love and accept myself is kind of weird to think about because honestly it's unfathomable to me at this point. Sometimes I look it in the mirror and I like myself I like the way my hair looks or something like that. When you spend years hating and feeling uncomfortable with yourself how do you fix the years of damage? I don't think I will ever love myself but I will try and I guess that's what counts. Loving yourself is important because if you're not nice to your body you won't be nice to anybody else because your so consumed with your thoughts and emotions you don't take anyone else into consideration. With any addiction you are very isolated with your thoughts and emotions and its makes it hard when you're so focused on this one thing to be able to not snap at someone because when it comes down to it you just want to get through the day or your just thinking about when you get to be alone with your addiction. I find myself being this way and its not how a teenagers supposed to live and that's why I want recovery and to be happy with my mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment