Strong

Strong

Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 25th

Quote- "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Demi's words- Recovery is a process-no matter what it is you're overcoming. no one is better or greater from recovering faster. It's not a race. You need to go at your own pace, even if that place is slow. There will be days when you're at risk for relapsing-don't. So long as you set your own pace and never walk backward in your recovery, you're making tremendous progress, and that's all that matters. So be proud of what you accomplished for yourself.

Goal- Don't compare your recovery process to others. Remember that each of us heals physically, mentally and emotionally at the pace that's right for ourselves. Give yourself the time you need and deserve.

There is always some type of fear when you're trying something new or attempting to improve your life. I am definitely fearful of recovery and trying to get healthy, there's a lot of fear actually and it will be a long and exhausting process but I know it's what I need to do. Recovery is a process not perfection and that's what I need to remind myself. I've been through a lot and I've grown so much these last few years but I still have a long road ahead of me and that's what scares me. Recovery is a scary concept but I am going to keep open-minded through this process and i'm ready to get to the point where being healthy just comes naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment