Strong

Strong

Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 13th

Quote- "Don't torment yourself with jealousy. It's a silly illusion that someone else's life is better than yours when the truth is that each one of us is on a different path."

Demi's words- There are times when I let myself get completely consumed with jealously for someone else's life, their body, their wardrobe, their talent. It's a common emotion to experience. They call it the green-eyed monster for a reason. It's self-destructive and when it's in the room, it consumes you. Be strong and don't focus on what other people have.

Goal- Release any jealousy you have for someone else's life and allow yourself to feel deep gratitude that you are living your own life.


I catch myself getting jealous with the people at my school who are so called "popular". I've always been an outcast and since I was little I've always wanted to be liked by my peers because I was seen as different or shy and therefore I didn't have many friends. To this day I still am jealous  when I see pictures on Facebook with a line of popular girls who have all these friends. But about 2 years ago I realized that most of the girls in that line maybe 2 of them are true friends. I like who I am because I challenge others to know the real me instead of being taken advantage of by friends that weren't really my friends to begin with. I like the way I am because I would always rather have 2 really good friends that I could call sisters than 10 fake friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment