Strong

Strong

Monday, March 24, 2014

March 23rd

Quote- "Don't judge a book by it's cover" UNKNOWN

Demi's words- It's so easy to walk by people and make judgments about who they are based on a small passing detail or flaw that you've observed. Maybe their attitude appears to be rude. Maybe their not as outgoing as you are. Either way, without taking the time to actually get to know someone and hear what they've been through, you really have no right to judge anyone. The things we observe specifically are just that; they are false impressions that don't tell you anything about what others have actually experienced.

Goal- Take the time to really get to know people, ask them what their story is, and be a good listener.


It's hard in today's society not to judge people, I silently judge people more than I should but there is a difference between thinking it and saying it. People judge me because i'm quiet and not as popular as them, these are the people who say it out loud and they aren't afraid to let me know. I judge people by their appearance, like when classmates walk by and right off the bat I classify them as "mean" because of whatever their facial expressions are or if they look intimidating or whatever. Do I say anything to them? No of course not because I have enough logical sense and respect to not judge them aloud. Why do people feel like they have to say they're thinking out loud when they know it's hurtful?

No comments:

Post a Comment