Strong

Strong

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Unconditional pet love

Now on to the bad news, Friday or Monday we had off because of inservice and presidents day and so my family and I were home Friday, my brothers and my dad were leaving to go see a family friend and my mom and I decided not to go because of family issues that my mom has. Anyway my dad and brothers weren't leaving until late afternoon. My dog Charlie, he was almost 10 years old, which is pretty old for a black lab. A day before my dad noticed that he wasn't eating for a couple days including Friday morning because we usually feed the dogs in the mornings.

Charlie was really lethargic that morning and his lower stomach was really bloated and didn't look normal at all. My mom came home for lunch and noticed how sick he looked and we had no idea that he was so sick inside because there was literally a day of warning other than not eating before he passed away.

They took x-rays and they couldn't see anything because there was so much fluid pushing his intestines to the side. The only other option that we had was for him to have surgery. They found that all his organs were filled with tumors. Literally every single organ except his spleen. Unfortunately there couldn't be anything that could be done which is stupid because we can millions of doctors fight to keep humans alive but why can't they do the same for dogs? Anyway it really sucked and that whole weekend we were trying to get our minds off of it but the real stressor was that we had to wait until the boys got home to tell them.

My dad obviously knew but my parents didn't want the trip to be ruined so we decided to wait which I think was a good decision. We're deciding to cremate him for the boys to keep a piece of him, for all of us really but for them mainly because they weren't able to say goodbye like my mom and I did. My mom and I spent sometime with him and it was really nice and we both really needed that closure because it literally happened so fast.

We miss him a lot already and I know it will only get harder when we get his ashes but his memory will live on forever :) I tell you though the one who is the saddest is my shitzu Jack, he was his big brother and best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment