Strong

Strong

Friday, March 14, 2014

March 22nd

Quote- "You can't resolve other people's issues, but you can sit with them and share their burden of their pain, thereby lightening to it" YEHUDA BERG

Demi's words- Often when we're comforting loved ones, all we want to do is take their pain away. It's such a natural desire to help those we love in need. But there are many times when it is necessary for people to go through their pain to fully learn and emerge stronger than ever. Remember not to enable someone who needs help with the problem. Support them in finding a solution.

Goal- The next time a loved one is going through a difficult period, think about how you can support them instead of fixing them.


I find it overwhelming whenever I tell someone what's really going on because the bombard me with questions and they either say cliché things and don't take me seriously or care to much and want to take all of my pain away. I understand and appreciate that they care I really do and I should prepare for those type of responses but i'm easily overwhelmed by the responses I get and I feel like I shouldn't be cared for in such an intense way but I know it's because they love me. Even when I don't show it deep down i'm unbelievably grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment