Strong

Strong

Friday, January 24, 2014

January 24th

Quote- "Our secrets make us sick." Unknown

Demi's words- Our secrets can be so toxic and we don't even realize it. I had to learn that keeping things inside of me was part of why I wanted to use drugs and alcohol in the first place- to hide from myself. When I started to open up, I started to heal. By talking to someone and expressing how I feel, I'm able to relieve the power of the emotions that's been weighing me down.

Goal- Share something you've been hiding to a closest friend or family member, see how much better you feel afterward.

I think this quote is really important for everyone but a real challenge for someone with mental illness or addictions. I have so many secrets that people know about but they only know half the story they only know what I choose to tell them. I want to open and honest not only for myself but for my friends and family. I'm realizing that the only way to get better is to be open and honest with what I'm feeling and what I'm going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment