Strong

Strong

Thursday, July 14, 2016

thoughts on therapy

I've been thinking about this for awhile and I kind of wanted to write out my thoughts and maybe get some feedback? Keep in mind these are just my thoughts and it doesn't mean that I'm actually going to proceed with it. Like I said if you guys have any feedback you want to give me that would be awesome!

I've been thinking about quitting therapy. *gasp*. I feel like it's not needed anymore. That doesn't mean I'm "better" because that's the farthest thing from the truth but I don't feel like it's worth it. I have obviously learned things from therapy and I understand that and have put them into practice a few times, but where I'm at right now it wouldn't be worth the money or the time. I don't want to sit in a room and have him listening to me rambling on about the same old crap. I can easily talk to my friend and I also have this (my writing) as an outlet. Another reason why I don't think it's worth it is because it's so inconsistent. Some days it's every 2 weeks, sometimes it's every month and sometimes even 2 months without seeing him.

An hour time span to fit 1 month even 2 weeks shit into isn't enough time and by the time the hours up we finally get to the point where we're getting somewhere but then it's time to leave. I'm not saying therapy isn't helpful for me. That's not at all what I'm saying because it definitely has been helpful. My current therapist and I have the best relationship that I've had in the therapy world and I appreciate that. Also I can obviously come back it's not like I'm totally saying I'm not going into therapy anymore.

It's weird saying that I don't feel like I need therapy because I think I do but I don't think there is any point anymore. Does that make sense?

I don't know. Please comment down below your thoughts on this and if you have had a similar experience and I will reply! I just want some feedback on this because this is just what I've been thinking about this for the past few weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment