Strong

Strong

Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 22 #30dayfreedomchallenge

Where in your life are you not being authentic? Where would you like to be authentic in your life? 

I have a lot of areas in my life where for so long, and still is, where authenticity was a fear of mine. Such a fear that I avoided it at all costs. To some extent I still do but most of the time, unintentionally. I don't even realize it most of time. Probably because for so long I've been pushing it down.

I kept telling myself that no one wanted to see my true authentic self. I still kind of feel that way around people who I'm not too familiar with but I can't help but to react that way. My eating disorder in and of itself is unauthentic. For 4 years I've been hiding behaviors and sneaking around just to satisfy something that is so temporary.

School is the place where I'm probably the least authentic. Towards people anyway. I hide so much of myself more so than I even realize. Authenticity is hard because that means slowly letting people into my world which was for the longest time I have worked so hard to keep hidden. It's mine and only mine. It's hard for me to let people in. It's somewhat too risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment