Strong

Strong

Friday, October 23, 2015

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it"-Charles R. Swindoll

This is a very true quote that all of us deal with in life no matter what your background. From all the things I've been through and before I saw this quote, I would've said the complete opposite numbers but when I really think about it, It's a fact. The reason why I have unhealthy "reactions" so to say is because of what I've been through but isn't it supposed to be better once I've done the behavior?

In my case, no. My "reactions" have been with me for 4 years and what happened to me happened 4-5 years ago and I never have to be around these things/people again. It has slowly grown from these 4 years into more than just a little way to make me feel better about these situations.

My behaviors to deal with the issues from my past have carried on into high school which makes sense cause I'm not where near that awful time in my life right? I think because I've never truly dealt with them and actually feel like I've gotten through them on my own. I still get flashbacks, I still am very sensitive to anger etc. Some of these things will never go away and I know that, I'm very wary of male teachers and just different reactions from people i'm very sensitive to.

I don't like being in situations where I feel threatened emotionally because of my past witch I don't think that will ever go away but it doesn't make it any less real or acceptable. I like this quote and I want everyone to remember your words/actions affect others no matter if it's one sentence, one touch, one word whatever, you can affect that person for a lifetime and I think this reinforces that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment