Strong

Strong

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Topic post: Racing thoughts during school

I thought I would write about this as a topic because I think it's pretty relevant. School is already stressful enough without a mental illness to deal with and from experience it's very hard to focus when your so in your head whether it's depression, anxiety or whatever, it's very hard to manage and this past week I've had a lot of anxiety and depression fits and I know it sounds really insane coming from me because I'm a very independent person but letting those around you know what you're feeling and what you're going through so just in case you need them their there to help.


This year I have noticed all of my teachers have been very accommodating and helpful. It obviously helps if you know you can trust the person but I highly doubt they won't. When I had my panic attack I really don't know what I would do without my teacher there helping me out.

I've been really impressed how pretty much everybody wants me to be involved and trying to help me which I really appreciate. Letting your teachers know what's going on is obviously better than suffering in silence because then they can offer you the support you need. It's also important to know what works for you too, I'm kind of a hypocrite here by saying this because I don't really have any tactics or things that help myself through my anxiety because I never really looked that much into it because the only thing that helps me is just breathing through it and trying to focus on whatever the class is doing because say the teacher is lecturing or something it's so incredibly easy for your brain to switch to the negative thoughts so I try to look at the teacher so it kind of brings my mind back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment