Strong

Strong

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Starting school with an eating disorder (possible TW)

Eating disorders are hard enough to deal with without the stresses of school, what do we do now?
With school starting or has started, I started Friday so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to talk about it :) The thing that drives my ED during school is the schedule change that school brings which is good because it's better than staying at home all day during the summer but it takes on a whole "new" sense of control if that makes sense.

It's kind of sad how all the food rituals I did last year flare up as if those habits and thought processes never went away for 2 1/2 months. For me and I'm sure a lot of you, it's very hard to deal with the food and the thought processes that come along with that. It's even harder when you have no one to sit with because it makes those voices louder but me personally I would rather eat alone because I have my "safe" foods and It's just safer if I was by myself/

How have you guys dealt with an ED during school?

No comments:

Post a Comment