Strong

Strong

Monday, July 27, 2015

Guess who got in a book?

I got published in my first ever publishment in a poetry book, I entered a poetry contest back in December and I think I mentioned on here that I was a semi-finalist which meant that you get a free publishement in the book that they put together out of many who got in the book and it's a really professional book, I had no idea it would be that nice and put together I thought it would be more of a scrapbooky time thing but I was wrong and I love how this woman put it together and it's awesome!

I ordered it when I found out that I got in the book and 7 months later it came in the mail and it's amazing! I entered in at Eber and Wein publishing, they have a website you can just type it in and go to their website. It's super easy to enter in the contest, you can go to the website and figure it all out if any of you are interested!

It's held two times a year I'll have to look up the exact times but December and July are when they start and there's a certain time they stop taking poetry and I forgot but if you go to their website you'll find out! It was super fun to do and they got back to me right away and were super informative and helpful throughout the whole process and it's a great organization for poets around the world!

I didn't expect at all for my first time EVER entering into a poetry contest that MY poem would end up in a book! Crazy! I'm super proud of myself and writing is something that I'm deeply passionate about and I couldn't be happier that in some way I get my work out there and others can show their talent and creativity as well! I have deeply loved reading ever since I was little but not until about a year and a half ago I really got into writing and it has become a big source of vulnerability for me in terms of actually being intune with my emotions way more than I do talking about them.

I'm going to enter in a new poem sometime soon and Just getting my writing out there and having it recognized is just purely amazing and I'm really proud of myself!

The book is sold on Amazon and Barnes and Noble which is double awesome! There are some really talented people in this book and I can't believe that I'm apart of it! I think it's such an honor because you get picked from a bunch of people around the U.S. to be in a book, it's not like you just get in and I think
that's the biggest honor ever!   

Here's what it looks like :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment