Strong

Strong

Monday, April 13, 2015

What can you do to pursue your own happiness? (BEDA day 2)

This is going to be more of a PSA post so you have been forewarned. When I think of happiness I think of smiling people in summer time, summer makes everyone happy. From what i've learned happiness comes from within and no matter how hard try not to, that happiness whether it be real or fake, it always comes off to other people.

Now I don't want to make this controversial but I have to say the perfect example that comes to mind is the pro-ana community on social media. Ever since I've struggled with food I've sought out the internet to kind of gain reassurance not that it was okay but it was sort of "normal" and I could relate to them on a very personal level. I have come across alot of "pro-ana's" (pro anorexia) as well as pro-mia's (pro bulimia) basically they support and "help" strangers destroy themselves, now hold on I know what you're thinking, what does this have to do with the topic? Just give me a second, you'll see in a minute.

Social media accounts about mental illness are in my belief a way to engross themselves more into their disease, feel relatable or help other innocent humans or try to prevent them from experiencing the reality of mental illnesses. You have to be really hurting to do any of these things but again this is my personal opinion, with pro eating disordered people, you have to be really fucked up in the head to induce more pain and suffering on other people.

I actually find it really sad that something like this exists and it's not okay in any circumstance. Anyway, anybody who seeks reassurance with their behaviors on social media is a really sad place to be because I've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment