Strong

Strong

Monday, April 13, 2015

The more we speak up the more change will happen

Standing up for myself is something that I'm now not really afraid to do, mainly because I'm not willing to have anyone walk all over me anymore. I've never been really involved in drama like gossip but I have had plenty of experience with bullying and now that I've gotten older I have learned to stand up for myself and It's a very liberating experience by being able to do that.

I've realized that by speaking up for yourself can never be a bad thing, if anything it can give you clarity and closure from the one's who have hurt you. Something that I think it's hard for all of us to do is being honest with yourself and other people, standing up for the betterment of your health causes an enormous change that can change your life for the better. It's hard for me at times to stand up for myself and get myself out of my comfort zone because i'm afraid of being too exposed and just being seen in front of my peers is absolutely terrifying. I can't stand up in front of the school, not even saying anything and still be on the brink of an anxiety attack because that's not the way I want to be presented.

I think that there are tow ways you can stand up for yourself: physically and emotionally (inner fears). I personally have experienced both but either way you can grow and learn from those experiences and change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment