Strong

Strong

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Journal topics: Experiencing emotions are not weak

Emotions are something normal humans experience on a daily basis, I sometimes question my human capabilities regarding my lack of experiencing emotions to the level that my body wants to feel them. I don't think emotions are weak but that doesn't mean i'm scared of experiencing them to the way they should be, meaning not wanting to feel the intensity of those scary yet human instincts.

Now as we all know people with eating disorders don't know how to deal with those scary things called feelings. We use behaviors to "block out" intense emotions that we don't want to feel or numb them out which is pretty common. I think i've experienced the sensation of numbing through self-harm but i as well experience it with my ED but i think i experience it more with self-harming. That's just my experience, i would like to hear your comments on this because i'm interested on others stories because every story is different.

I don't agree with the fact that emotions are weak but i do say that i'm scared of the intensity of those emotions if that makes any sense at all. It makes sense to me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment