Strong

Strong

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Friends perspective: My ED and self-harm

A friend that i've know for about 3 years and has been through hell and back with me and my ongoing problems. She's dealt with me through all the drama that my issues have caused. I was watching some videos on YouTube about loved one's perspectives on a persons ED among other issues and i thought that i would have her make a video for me to see how much she is affected in her words and it was interesting and eye opening.

There are some things she told me through text message or she was trying to tell me and i didn't really listen to her feelings towards what she had to say regarding the situation and i realize that when in a heated situation i should try to step out of myself a little bit and learn to not focus so much on what i'm feeling. I learned a lot through my actions through the video that i need to listen to others more instead of just focusing on my own.

Also i know she worries about me, she tells me everytime we talk about it which is somewhat annoying because i don't feel deserving of said worry and to be frank with you guys i don't even perceive myself as "anorexic or bulimic" because diagnostically speaking i fit more of EDNOS/OSFED criteria. OSFED is what they replaced EDNOS with in the DSM 5 that came out a year ago if i remember correctly. I refer to it as EDNOS because it's easy to remember and it makes no sense to me why they changed the name and the criteria provided why didn't they just change the criteria? I digress.

Anyway if you want the link to the video that my friend made me you can message me on tumblr or email me, my email is at the top of the page i believe and my Tumblr is ultrademilove.tumblr.com. I of course have her permission, hope you enjoy the video if you decide to watch it. She's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment