Strong

Strong

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 7th

Quote-"I'm not perfect and i don't have to be."

Demi's words- When i first realized this i felt an intense relief. This realization allowed me to actually become a better person. It gave me the strength to embrace my flaws and learn from my mistakes. The pressure melted away. I wouldn't have been able to start examining my mistakes if i felt like i had to be perfect. Once i found out it was okay to be imperfect, everything changed for the better.

Goal- Don't criticize yourself for making mistakes-just be curious not to make the same mistake twice.

It's hard for me to not think of myself as having to be perfect all the time because i want people to like me and part of me believes that therefore i have to be "perfect". In all actuality nobody's perfect, as much as some people like to believe they are the most perfect person on the planet: that's not true. Everyone makes mistakes and no matter how put together one of the most popular girls may seem we all have struggles we go through. I first hand have realized this, this girl in my grade she has anorexia and she's in my school considered popular. She got hospitalized for it like 2 summers ago and she posted herself on instagram with a heart monitor thing on her heart with a hospital gown on. Everyone has their demons but it's important to know what they're going through. Most importantly don't compare your situation to someone else's because do you actually know what they go through?

No comments:

Post a Comment