Strong

Strong

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Holidays and EDs/disordered eating

It's no secret that Holidays center around food and for most of us it is one of the best things about the holidays and being with your family but with those who struggle with food it can be a nightmare.

I've experienced my first holiday this year Thanksgiving and it was somewhat overwhelming but i ate what i could and i have to say i did freak out afterwards and wanted to throw up but i didn't but instead i barely ate yesterday. My mom does black Friday shopping every year and so she was gone most of the day so i didn't have to eat and i actually was sitting most of the day on my phone and watching videos but once i got up i felt really dizzy. Around 4:30 i ended up eating something and we had chicken pot pie and leftovers of my moms mashed potatoes :) i love chicken pot pie! :)

This might sound really weird but watching my brothers eat throughout the day yesterday actually fascinated me and what they were eating i memorized the calories of and it was weird seeing normal people eat normally the next day after a big thanksgiving dinner. I never could imagine myself eating normally after a big holiday meal. My aunt asked me if i wanted to go to lunch with her, my cousins and my mom while they were out black Friday shopping and i said sure but on the inside i wanted to cry. How could you even think about lunch after having all of the fatty foods we had today? That's what i thought in my head. Thankfully we didn't have enough time to go because they were to busy being crazy shopping ladies :)

I'm really anxious for Christmas because my cousins are staying here for almost the whole break and they eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between like normal people and i don't know how i'll handle that for 2 whole weeks. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

This is the first year since i've had problems with eating that i've actually felt high anxiety over the food/family maybe because alot in my family has changed or my eating problems have gotten worse or the combination of the two. I don't know.

I'm trying to remind myself that the holidays are about being with your family and that's what i'm trying to focus throughout the holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment