Strong

Strong

Monday, September 22, 2014

Does a persons character determine his/her success?

Were writing prompts in English class and I thought I would share my thoughts on them because they're good things to think about ;) 

This is a question that is often a misconception among society. People automatically assume that people who have/had a bad reputation that they will stay that way and have no room for achievement. This is true to some extent but everyone has room for improvement no matter what your past. I have had experiences with people who have a bad reputation or just not someone who is a good role model per se to hangout with. This is a lesson I've learned, when you allow peer pressure to consume you, essentially you are doing yourself a disservice by letting others walk all over you with their actions. A persons success does not determine their future. It is only a prediction of their actions they made, not the end result. Society puts this label on people and they assume that everyone has to fit in their version of what's happening and what's going to happen. We shouldn't be labeled or forced into a "box" where everyone needs to be in. Therefore we take it upon ourselves to achieve their misconceived mold. That's why a lot of people are struggling with their identity because there is no difinant answer on what or how we should be. At the end of the day I think we all should live for what we want to do without anyone telling them they aren't "perfect". We all should change as a society to say no one can judge my decisions and I WILL live the life I want. 

Do you think a persons character determines their success?? Tell me what you think! 


No comments:

Post a Comment