Strong

Strong

Monday, September 22, 2014

BPD tendencies

Otherwise known as Borderline Personality Disorder, I've never been diagnosed but I do have some characteristics that fit into the diagnosis. Is it more important to avoid hurting peoples feelings or tell the truth? I really don't know the answer, I guess it could have a million answers but from my experience or my preference between the two would be to avoid hurting peoples feelings. I think a lot of people would have picked the same. In my opinion it saves a lot of uncomfortable lectures. It also gives you the opportunity to hide what you're really feeling, to avoid confrontation in other words taking something away from you that you believe with all your heart that you can't live without. It's way easier to hide behind your composure than to deal with the wrath of confrontation. Am I the only one who feels this way? This is an example-yesterday my mom got in contact with George (my old/current therapist) and told me that she set up an appointment and when she told me I was a little sad not because I didn't want to see him, he's the best therapist I've ever had and still is ;) but because when I was stuck between getting either a new therapist or not seeing one at all I kindof that "oh well now I can get as sick as I want to because I don't have any accountability!" In the back of my mind I know I needed that professional accountability and I'm relieved that I get a second chance at therapy even though NONE of it was my fault. I guess being honest has a downside?

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment