Strong

Strong

Saturday, August 2, 2014

eacademy?

As school's approaching most of our family's conversations nowadays are about school and as many of you can relate school is a very anxiety provoking place. I'm not really sure how the conversation started but my mom and I started talking online school which is eacademy and it's through my school district so it is still public school it's just online and there are benefits to it and my parents agree but we all have some fears about it and ironically they are all the same and realistic. I wrote down a pros and cons list of online school and I thought I would share it, maybe some of you will relate if you are thinking about online school.


pros
1. minimum anxiety
2. more responsibility
3.independence
4. My dogs have company
5. figuring out the academic part on my own
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cons
1. Socially non-existent
2. doing everything on my own
3. being alone
4. responsibility
5. depression
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mom made me right a list of the pros and cons about online school and we're both going to the school to know more information about it and hopefully that'll help us make the best decision. I mean I want to make the best decision for myself, I can try it for one semester and if I don't like it I can go back to transitional school second semester which is good. I still want to make the right decision and a few people that my mom knows has a son who has aspergers does this program and he absolutely loves it, he did it for a full year and he's doing it again this year. Also my friend did it so I think that'll make my decision easier.
 
Has anyone done online school? Do you like it? What are the benefits and struggles that you have faced? I would like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment