Strong

Strong

Thursday, July 31, 2014

EKG

As some of you probably know a couple weeks ago I met my new therapist and she wanted me to do an EKG and a bone density scan, well I had the EKG done today, I don't know when i'll have the bone density scan done but I don't think it's really necessary at this point like i'm not underweight so why do I need a bone density scan? But anyway the test literally took a minute but honestly it's way more money than it's worth. I'm not going to say the price but honestly it was ridiculous which made me feel even more shitty because to my parents I am sick like they believe I have eating problems but they don't physically see the affects that it has on me so it makes it hard for them to know everything and that's understandable but it irritates me when they kind of just brush it off and say oh well you're fine.

I understand that they may be in denial but it still kind of makes me want to prove to them physically that I am as sick as my mind is because ultimately my brain has full power in this. My mom told me on the way to the hospital that if I do have a heart problem it's probably related to my prematurity (I was 3 months premature). I don't know it just irritates me that I feel like I have to constantly prove myself to them it kind of makes me rethink my behavior like do I really have an eating disorder? or am is it just all in my head? Which rationally I know i'm 100% not making it up, I've been living this way for 2 1/2 years why would I spend this much time devoted to this if I don't truly have a problem?

I feel like they either think I have anorexia or I have bulimia and they don't really see evidence of that because I usually don't do my behaviors out in the open which I understand may make them skeptical but I know they're trying to understand and that's what I really want at the end of the day.

Ultimately they want the best for me and they support me 100% and that's what I ask for more than anything. Has anyone else dealt with parents who don't fully understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment