Strong

Strong

Friday, July 25, 2014

poems

I wonder
what will happen next
walking on eggshells
to my next destination
constantly wonder
what will happen
fear and constant wonder
to experiment with
it will all be okay
as long as we don't let fear wonder
into our minds
everything will be okay
 
 
 
We all love the term starting over
seem to be what we all crave
what will happen to everything else?
everything we created is all lost
why would we want to start over?
our mistakes teach us
what it means to grow
into a more wiser human being
starting over
erases all your hard work
in trying to survive
 
 
 
I guess everything isn't what it seems
no one knows what it's like
to live with a monster in your head
screaming, shouting, crying
to escape the demons in my head
stuck in the mindset
that everything isn't what it seems
 
 
 
We feel numb to the things we see
over and over again
i'm numb to the feeling of comfort
destruction is comforting
therefore
i'm numb to the fact
that this could very well take me
the only thing that comes to mind
is a strong desire to comfort
so used to numbing my emotions
by bones and a scale
that seems to be with me
the moment I can open my eyes
and see the sunlight through my bedroom window
the lingering thought in the back of my mind
my subconscious very well knows
I cannot be like this forever
I will soon discover what it's like
to take the wool off my eyes
with my eyes open
to learn to be content
with living happy and healthy
soon figuring out
that I no longer
need a reason to numb
the thing I thought was horrifying
happens to be thing that
unlocks the change
from a life praying for my last breath
my last sentence would be
"At least i'm finally skinny"
 
 
 
You can feel the heaviness
on your chest
feeling like you can hardly breathe
to what comes over you
when you realized you skipped another meal
it's a normal thing nowadays
wakeup, foods there
go to bed, having nightmares
about slowly letting go of the control you have
having a little bit more of something
that once had been forbidden
you can feel the pain when you starve yourself
that's why some people like it
inflicting pain on yourself
is much much easier
than anyone or anything
it gives you the power to say no
 
 
 
Searching for a higher power
seems to be what we all seek
nothing compares
to everlasting love
as long as we try
we will be saved
 
 
 
Where do I go from here?
everyone seems to wonder
what their next destination
will turn out to be
destinations are unplanned
they're many people who fear
their unexpected destination
 


No comments:

Post a Comment