Strong

Strong

Monday, July 21, 2014

July 22nd

Quote- "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced" JAMES BALDWIN

Demi's words- The damage and the impact that bullying has made on my life is tremendous. There was a long period of time when I let the pain define who I was. It was important for me to find a balance between coming to terms with it and letting go. I took a huge step when I confronted the girl who bullied me. I told her how her words scarred me and made me feel worthless. They ultimately led to other emotional and physical issues i'm still overcoming. She hardly remembered her actions and was convinced that I would have completely forgotten all about it now that I was successful. I was so shocked that our different perceptions, but more than anything I felt like a massive weight was lifted off my chest. I forgave her, which made me feel stronger and clearer, and that's exactly what I needed all along.

Goal- Think of someone from your past who has hurt you. Have compassion and look beyond their faults.


I have a lot of people who have hurt me and deeply impacted me leading to the issues I have today. Forgiving someone doesn't mean they no longer think about it and they're completely fine, unfortanetly it's the opposite. I wouldn't wish away the people who negatively impacted me because they shaped who I am today and they taught me more about myself than they realize. I don't wish anything bad on anybody but that doesn't mean I still don't get angry. Forgiving is necessary though, it brings a lot of closure to the situation and can help you both move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment