Strong

Strong

Friday, July 11, 2014

fighting for friendships

I'm sorry if all my posts on friendships bothers any of you it's just what's mainly on my mind right now. I have a friend who I guess you could say that it takes a lot of work to keep our friendship alive and the fact that we don't have a fight or a misunderstanding every time we talk to each other I guess is a luck of the draw. We have been friends for about 2 years but we didn't really hit it off until last year so not long. It seems long to me since the max I had a friend was 3 years. I was kind of demanding a answer from her regarding our friendship because I felt uncomfortable about a month ago when we had a sleepover and I decided to leave. She texted me this morning and told me that she will allow us to slowly move forward and regain our friendship. I'm thankful for her actually thinking about it and not just saying the first thing that came to her mind which was most likely we should cut off ties all together which was my first reaction when I found out all the stuff she did to me.

The truth is I really do want to try again and I know I come across as a i'm too good for her I don't need her kind of way which when I think really take the time to think about it, I don't want to lose the positive things that we do have. The thing is though I want her to make the decision with me I don't want to do what I want to do just because I want it to happen. Friendships should be a 2 way street which is why I had Elise decide what our next step is.

We're both going to take it slow and through time we will hopefully be the friends that we know we can. I don't know exactly where we go from here but I know that we need to take everything really slow and see where that takes us.

I will do a post later about friendships and toxic friendships because I feel like I know enough about it to have my thoughts in a post and I might do one about friends that are moving... I don't know just a thought.

will you guys like any of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment