Strong

Strong

Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 1st

Quote- "Sometimes the greatest gift you can give yourself is a gift you give to someone else"

Demi's words- When I was thirteen years old, I gave $150 of babysitting money to my church. I was so proud of myself for performing this good deed that I had to go tell every single person I knew. Later that day feel as good about my kind act and I couldn't figure out why. I realized I was doing it partly for the recognition, not just from a good place in my heart. It's important to do good things for other people without expecting anything in return. The pure and simple gesture of compassion speaks volumes and help others and ourselves in ways we can't even fully comprehend.

Goal- Perform a loving act of kindness anonymously. Do something for a stranger expecting nothing in return and cherish the feeling you get from giving.


At my school I'm involved in a club called kids for kids and its where you help abused and foster children and during Christmas time there was this gift exchange. I went with the people that signed up and it really opened my eyes to how much I have and it makes me blessed to have the life and family that I have. These kids had to buy Christmas presents for their siblings because their foster parents couldn't afford it and seeing the smiles on their faces made me smile. I love doing something for people that they will most likely never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment