Strong

Strong

Saturday, January 4, 2014

January 2nd

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." Henry miller 

I've been so blessed to be able to travel so much over these last few years. One of the most profound things I witnessed while traveling was how so much we take for granted. I've seen slums where people are walking with no shoes or jackets in the freezing cold. I've been where people are working so hard at such physically demanding jobs while hardly making any money. It taught me to value every person on the planet and not take any job for granted.

Stay open to anything and take a day (or week) seeing a new part if the world. If you can't afford to take time off work than visit a new neighborhood in your home town. Be grateful for everything that you have.


I can't really talk about a specific place but I can talk about situations in my life where I felt like one destination was the only way I could be happy and find a purpose in this world. Competitive cheer it was apart of my life for 4 years and I thought even though I was unhappy with the people there and how they treated me, I wanted to stay because aside from the people I love cheerleading and it was the only place other than my home where I felt safe and confident. Now that I quit cheer and yes I'm still discovering this but cheer isn't the most important thing or sports or being apart of a team, the most important thing is for you to be happy with whatever you decide to do and most importantly yourself. I'm learning and discovering that I don't need cheer to make me happy I can venture out and try new things and find a new passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment