Strong

Strong

Friday, April 8, 2016

Day 4 #30dayfreedomchallenge

What are your limiting beliefs? 

I have many negative beliefs that are either from my own self beliefs or what other people have led me to believe about myself.

I bet this is a belief that a lot of people feel from time to time is "I'm not good enough". Ever since I moved schools from another town I don't think I've ever realized it at the time but I remember always feeling so awkward and never felt like I belonged. It took me that whole year to finally build up the courage to make a friend. As I got older around when I was 13 I had this core negative belief that I'm not good enough and I will never be good enough.

Part of that was definetly a nature and nurture kind of thing. When I was in cheerleading competitive and school I always reminded of what I at the back of my mind always knew that I was not good enough. I was bullied not only because of my skills but my personality. When I was in school cheer obviously I went to school with those girls and when you're a cheerleader in that type of environment you are automatically picked as one of many of popularity contestants and someone is bound to get kicked to the curb.

That happened to be me. Most of the issue was that I wasn't like those girls which led them to believe that I didn't deserve to be apart of the team. It didn't matter how good I was.

I remember this girl J who was flying in a stunt and she was stiff with her scorpion which is a cheer skill and I tried it on the floor and this girl E said "she actually has a really good one, M can try it." They all looked at each other as if E was crazy. E was actually on of the only nice ones on the team including the coach. The coach set me up for failure without a doubt.

Just because I wasn't popular meant that I couldn't fly in the stunt. I flew once at a football game but it was because they had no other choice. I have way more stories about school cheer but I will save that for later.

My main limiting belief is the one that I mentioned above that I'm not good enough.

That kind of translates into more things like my body and my work ethic and all that.

What are some of your limiting beliefs? Comment down below!







Image result for limiting beliefs





Image result for limiting beliefs





No comments:

Post a Comment