Strong

Strong

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Good news first or bad news?

I think I should start off on the good news first, remember that girl Lydia that I met on Tumblr? Yes, I finally met her! Sunday afternoon we met for the first time and it was really great! She's 5'1 which I'm not going to lie I'm excited about! You rarely meet a short person who is at least your age or older than you. She's 20 almost 21 and she's really down to earth and I find it really easy to open up to her and talk to her as if I would my best friend.

Before I met her, I was kind of shocked that she wanted to meet me because I've never really been treated or more so felt like I am worthy of being genuinely cared about or worthy of getting to know because for so long since my best friend moved I've never really had any proof that I was in fact worthy. I really like her a lot and it's really cool because we are able to connect on a level that I've never really had before because she has mental illness like I do and it's really awesome to have a friend that understands me as a person but also understands the first hand the constant battle of mental illness you know?

It was really great, we had a great time. She met at my house and bonded with my dog Jack, he loves people and she met my mom and then we went to get starbucks and we talked for almost 2 hours. If she didn't have to leave I feel like we could easily spend an extra hour in a half just talking :)

I've never really had a friend that I feel like I could just sit and talk. I obviously can with Erin but since she moved I've never really found a person like that. Not that I'm comparing the two because obviously they're two completely different human beings but the similarities I have with them is what I in my opinion value in a true friendship.

I really like her a lot and can't wait to meet again!

I will put the unfortunate bad news in the next post

No comments:

Post a Comment