Strong

Strong

Monday, February 22, 2016

National Eating Disorder Awareness week 2016: 3 minutes can save a life

Yesterday started the week of NEDAW 2016 February 21st-March 1st and this years theme is 3 minutes can save a life. The theme is referring to the screening that is provided on the NEDA website. I've taken the screening once or twice and not surprisingly the screening indicated that I might be at risk for disordered eating. That wasn't really surprising to me because I've been dealing with this for 4 years at this point I know I have a problem. The screening is also beneficial because after you are done taking it they provide you with treatment options for in the states and out. Where I live the closest treatment is 2 hours away which isn't really a problem because I don't need that level of treatment, it was just interesting that there is literally nothing here except therapy which is obviously helpful but I think there should be at least intensive outpatient treatment where I live.

I suggest the screening because it is helpful to know where you are at with your eating behaviors but also to know what kind of help is available in your area. You can just go to the national eating disorders website and since it's eating disorders awareness week you should be able to find the screening tab right away.

If you do the screening please comment down below, I'm interested in who actually read this and took the time to do the screening! What I also really like about the screening is at the end, it says that you don't have to be underweight to have an eating disorder because I think that fact should defenitely be reinforced because it's helpful for others and for ourselves suffering to understand more and more because most of us believe that you only have to be underweight for it to be a problem but that is not true!

Image result for 3 fingers


Image result for ed recovery symbol


No comments:

Post a Comment