Strong

Strong

Monday, March 16, 2015

PDDNOS and social anxiety struggle

 I have a lot i want to talk about so i will have 3 or 4 posts up today and one is actually in honor of a person who means a lot to me even though i've never met her!

This posts topic is i guess will be about my boyfriend and the social skills that come along with obviously being more social and i've noticed my social anxiety and my autism spectrum diagnosis becoming a lot more noticeable and to be honest it's really discouraging to me. I have PDDNOS, now i don't want to have this be a whole article on autism spectrum disorders because this could very easily turn into one.

Basically there's a long line of disorders on the autism spectrum and i'm on the low end of the spectrum thank god. I bet most of the people in this world have heard of Aspergers which is on the spectrum and i'm a couple disorders behind that. I never knew Autism had such a vast array of different disorders until i got my diagnosis. Along with depression and social anxiety i got PDDNOS. For some reason i felt less ashamed of my depression and anxiety because yeah they have many negative stigmas but at the time i felt the word Autism was much more shameful because it's not something i never really noticed until i moved to a new school.

Ever since i got diagnosed i always whenever my parents mentioned it or my mom brought it up to my therapist i got very defensive because i honestly didn't feel like that was real, i didn't think it was as much of a problem because for the longest time or i guess since birth i always thought it was just my personality and i didn't want my personality to be just a diagnosis does that make sense to any of you? Probably not.

I never really talk about it on here because i feel like it's my personality and that's fine with me. Now that you guys kind of have the background of my diagnosis i'm actually going into the problems that i'm going through now. I'm going to link the post where i'm actually going into detail about what's going on now because it's just easier.


PDDNOS and social anxiety part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment