Strong

Strong

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Journal topic: Think about how you could react in a healthier way

Obviously an eating disorder and self-harming aren't the best coping mechanisms in the world and honestly i don't even know how it started. I don't ever remember thinking about food or cutting to ease my sadness, there was never a time where i was like "oh, this sounds like a good idea!" because i didn't really understand it myself i just knew it made me feel better and that's all that mattered.

Through therapy and just from my own intuition from doing it for so long i have the maturity to kind of pinpoint why. Cutting and my eating disorder kind of are the same in a way yeah they're different behaviors but they both have the same affect.

It's important to understand why you do the things you do whether good or bad to understand yourself in a way that is more personal and in depth. It depends how old you are though because when i was 13 i didn't understand my emotions nor did i react in a way that was socially acceptable.

It took me a whole year in a half to realize the connection between my behaviors and my emotions. Besides that, i tend to react to a conversation that includes me but i always especially with my family react usually in anger or in a rude tone and i want to work on reacting in more of a calmer way.

Actually thinking how i'm going to say things before i say them because my family especially my parents are annoyed by it. :)

How could you react in a healthier way today?




No comments:

Post a Comment