Strong

Strong

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I was planning to write about my thanksgiving yesterday and i was in the middle of writing but some things came up and i couldn't do it so now i'm feeling better so i'm going to update now :)

I went to my Aunts house at around lunch time and i didn't have anything for breakfast because i was helping my mom with the food and stuff, my mom made the mashed potatoes and my aunt made the rest and some other people brought appetizers and pies and stuff so yeah :)

It was defenitely a different Thanksgiving then we've had before, my other aunt she had her 4th back surgery so obviously she wasn't coming and my cousins and their kids from their side of the family wasn't there so 8 or 9 people were missing and it defenitely was different but my grandpa (my moms dad) came and it really meant alot to me because he's the only grandparent i can count on to take on that grandfather role because my grandma's husband on my mom's side i don't have a really good relationship with them and i'm not sad about it really i know that sounds bad but they've did some unforgivable things to my parents and they've let us down more ways than one and yeah, i don't have a relationship with them. The big elephant in the room is my grandpa my dad's dad isn't here with us anymore and it's really sad because he was the one who always hosted thanksgiving for my cousins because my immediate family always went to my mom's sisters house but they live in Colorado now so yeah this Thanksgiving has been very different but now we have new traditions now and the family that are alive and live here are amazing and i couldn't ask for a better family :)

As you can tell this is going to a long post so i might do a separate post on the food and my thoughts on certain areas so yeah i'll do that later :)

Stay tuned :) Hope you all had a happy turkey day :)

picture of a turkey wearing a pilgrim hat in a vector clip art illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment