Strong

Strong

Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 15th

Quote- "Have compassion for all beings, rich, and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little." BUDDHA

Demi's words- Oftentimes when we compare our struggles to others', we end up feeling guilty and accidentally invalidate our own feelings. When i broke my ankle, it really sucked, but i realized someone on the other side of the world may not even have fresh water. Sometimes we instantly shame ourselves because someone is in more pain than we are, but all pain needs to be acknowledged because it's real. And just because you haven't had as much as another doesn't mean you haven't struggled.

Goal- Whatever you are going through, makes sure you validate how you are feeling. Value and respect your emotions as if they were someone else's.


It's very hard for me to understand the concept of understanding or validating your feelings because for so long i've been trying my hardest to numb my feelings away to not feel them at all because for me actually feeling my feelings and learning how to deal with them is very scary. Pushing them away is so much easier than to deal with the emotions at hand. Recovery is gaining weight and has alot of physical care but i think what most people forget is the real problem is physological and needs alot of mental help to change the way your brain reacts and thinks. The scariest thing for me that is making me hesitate my decision to recover is dealing with my feelings and actually learning to process through them without using behaviors but also gaining weight is almost as scary and hard. i know what i have to do and deep down i know this is what i have to do to get better and i need to do this in order to be healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment