Strong

Strong

Friday, July 25, 2014

July 28th

Quote- "Nobody is as powerful as we make them out to be" ALICE WALKER

Demi's words- Most of us, at one time or another, hide behind our favorite fictional character or mythology; for me it's always been Cinderella. She lives under the shadow of her sisters and is forced  into servitude until one day her unfortunate circumstances are turned into fortune. When I was younger I was always known as Dallas Lovato's little sister. She never meant to feel this way, but I always felt like I was in her shadow. Even though I was proud to call her my sister, I never felt like I could fully shine. It's taken a lot of work for me to feel like I can shine on my own. I realized that overcoming that obstacle was part of my journey in truly loving myself. Today I have a closer relationship with my sister, all because I let go of my envy towards her.

Goal- Don't be content in the shadow of anyone. Break out and love yourself


I've always envied my brother especially this year because he's in 7th grade now and that's when my world began to spiral. I know logically that we're tow different people and even if were siblings we shouldn't be compared but I can't help but be jealous because he was what I wanted two years ago and to this day. I feel like I always have to meet up with him because we're siblings but my mom keeps telling me that no one should compare me with him because we're two different people and that's okay. You are your own person and that should be enough for everyone to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment