Strong

Strong

Monday, June 30, 2014

cross country first summer practice :)

This morning was my first cross country practice! We run in the mornings before it gets too hot at 7:30-8:45 I think its either 4-5 days a week i'm not sure I think 4 but I don't know much about all of it yet i'm a newbie :)

It was good I mean i'm not in shape at all I have found which is weird because I feel like i'm pretty good at running when i'm running by myself but when i'm doing it with other people and seeing them I realize i'm really out of shape. There were about 15 people more girls than boys and they were all super nice from what I could tell I was too busy dying to talk to any of them :) I swear people were talking and running at the same time and I was the one dying half way through it. Apparently I was in the 2 mile group I was like 15 minutes late because it was really early in the morning and I didn't know that the old weight room was in a separate building from the high school. I totally missed the stretching part of it and the instructions so by the time I got there they were getting ready to start running which I did good and kept up with everybody maybe half a mile and then I was walking and I couldn't build up my endurance after that but I think I'll be better tomorrow I ran yesterday for 45 minutes with only a 15 minute walking time and I ran again tonight with 30 minutes of running and 30 minutes walking so I guess it was pretty good running for an intense running in the morning.

I just feel like I have to keep up with them and it's embarrassing when you have like 15 people plus the 2 coaches ahead of you and you're like 10-20 feet behind them. I also want to be good at it I mean I haven't really done a sport besides cheer that I was good at and stuck too and i'm determined to stick to it like it did cheer, I like running too and that helps but I think it's harder to build up my endurance to intense exercise when I went from intense cheerleading practices 3 or 4 times a week for 2 hour class periods from little to no exercise.

I want to be good at a sport other than cheer. I don't think cheer's in the cards anymore or at least competitive.

I love cheer I still do but I want to be as passionate and love running as much as I did cheer which is almost impossible.


I sometimes forget how much I love cheer :) Cheer Fusion Amethyst Senior level 2 :)

I guess I have to find another passion now, my first love will always be cheer though

maybe i'll have cheer back in my life some day, I've actually thought about just taking tumbling classes and stuff, I miss being flexible!

 
I wish I could do this again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment