Strong

Strong

Sunday, April 27, 2014

april 29th

Quote- "One of the greatest joys in life is watching a child laugh"

Demi's words- There's something about the innocence of a child laughing that never ceases to make my entire week. Children live in such a small world full of wonder. They haven't seen, for the most part, some of the sad things about the world going on around them that adults have. When our worlds open up, we have experienced more and more. Good and bad. So just seeing a child laugh at the simplest thing to make us nostalgic for that simpler time of life. It's great to fondly remember your childhood, but don't stress yourself out thinking about what used to be. Enjoy where you are now as well.

Goal- If you have the opportunity, make a child laugh today.


Children are as innocent as can be, I often long for that innocence, where I could go back in time to be able to erase all the mistakes I've made. At the spur of the moment I do want to go back in time but when I think about it, i'm proud of my childhood and where I am now, how far I've come from my innocent self. I wonder if my 5 year old self was right next to me, What would she say? would she proud? I think I love playing with dolls and my baby cousins so much is for exactly that reason, they have nothing to worry about. They also look up to me as their older cousin as their rolemodel and I often think why would they want me to be their role model? I don't want anyone to think of me as a rolemodel. I often am jealous of my friends who have older siblings because I was the first one. The first of my parents to be their little guinea pig. I often long for an older sibling so they could possibly be my bumpers when I go into the gutter. To learn from their mistakes and make my decisions and choices wiser. I had a pretty good childhood but somewhere along the way the ball was in my court and I got overwhelmed and didn't know how to handle it, that's when I craved for my innocent soul to come back. I'm proud of the person I am now, i'm stronger for my brothers, if they go down the wrong path I can push them away from the destructive world that I got tangled up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment