Strong

Strong

Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 17th

Quote- "If you're spending your entire life chasing the next party, what are you running from?

Demi's words- There are so many figures in popular music and culture who want people to think they are tough and strong because they use substances and party all night long. To me strong is when you can sit through your problems and feel your emotions, when you don't have to hide them. There have been nights I've had to sit on my hands because I wanted to act out because I physically can't sit through the pain or I'm trying to distract myself from living in the moment.

Goal- Stop running and start dealing with life and your problems. It could be as simple as not checking your phone when you're uncomfortable and alone. Listen to what's going on in your mind and respect the thoughts coming to you.


I completely agree with Demi, actually dealing with your issues and not using any self-destructive behaviors is the most badass thing you can do in my opinion. That to me is the strongest act you could ever achieve. Sitting through painful emotions and actually dealing with emotions is a new concept and I'm constantly inspired by Demi to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment