Strong

Strong

Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 13th

Quote- "Become your own best friend"

Demi's words- Over the years I've learned to become my own best friend. There were many nights where I spent crying myself to sleep, sad and lonely with almost every given heartache. Overtime I realized that I had to learn to comfort myself and overcome my pain. It's a process, and I'm still learning how to do it, but I've gotten so much better. I can honestly say that I am my own best friend.

Goal- Love yourself and treat yourself as you would treat your best friend. You deserve the same love you give to others.

In order to love myself first I have to get rid of my negative perceptions of myself, it is proving to be more difficult than I ever thought. But I think when I read "treat yourself as you would your best friend" I think I have more perspective and understanding of how to interpret this quote. For years my negative thoughts about myself have ruled my world and this might sound crazy but I feel lost without them I feel like I have nothing, I have nothing to feed my addictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment