Strong

Strong

Sunday, October 5, 2014

poems i've written recently



Forever waiting
To find comfort
In the scale
Going down
Forever going down
Or staying just the same
Waiting for someone
To see evidence
Of my prolonging pain




Food is a sin 
Hunger is a gift
Evidence of my soul
That is shattered
Beyond repair
Food can wait
More than my heart can
Handle this crippling
Depression
That won't go away 




One moment
One fleeting idea
One action
Is all it took
For me to realize
I need more
One thought of control
Three years go by
You don't even realize it
You've been numb for too long
Now, when you feel ashamed
Of eating 50 calories
Above you're "limit"
You've set for the day
Only then will you realize
This is controlling me now
Can't get out of this torture 
I want to cry
I want to cry in frustration
I want to cry for food
I'm hungry
I can't eat 
I'm scared
I have succeeded yet
In this disease
Because there is no visible 
Evidence of hungry soul



Months after months
Years after years 
Go by
Filled with nothing
But food 
Dominated by it's utter existence 
Sense of need
Thinking your invincible
Until you're being threatened treatment
I'm not weak
I'm strong 



Crazy humans
All around
How can i trust?
When everyone
Flips like a dime
Two sides of them
Never the same 




Today i have consumed
460 calories
Of disgusting layers
Of chewy flavorless
Fat and unnecessary calories
Sitting in my stomach
Containing fat and so much more
On my "healthy" body
As most say
I'm not healthy in the slightest
I'm weak
For letting hunger power
Me into eating
Which is unnecessary and weak 




Everyone describes my body as
"Healthy"
Don't you see?
I want to be light as a feather
Nothing more
Nothing less 





No comments:

Post a Comment